Metron is a scientific consulting firm with expertise in the areas of physical modeling, mathematics, operations research, and software development. We address challenging problems in the development of high technology systems for defense, aerospace, and commercial applications.
We are seeking a Systems Administrator to effectively provision, install/configure, operate, and, maintain hardware and software systems and related infrastructure. The successful candidate will participate in technical operations and maintenance, and provide infrastructure innovation to ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to DSS, STIG, RMF, and Division standards. The position reports to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and supports the ISSO while providing on-site support for all technology needs to the ORCA and OASiS Division offices.
- Ensures fluidity in a robust agile process to support software engineers on network enclaves at various classification levels.
- Routinely audits security posture and reports findings.
- Delivers Configuration Management following a CM process.
- Provides customer centric support for Tiers 1 and 2 Helpdesk assistance.
- Under direction of ISSO, maintains data storage, and, schedules and performs data backups and recovery procedures.
- Performs operating system hardening (Group Policy) and imaging deployment.
- Recommends user provisions and performs installation and/or physical relocation of equipment.
- Provides printer maintenance and support.
- Researches and recommends next generation hardware and timing of installation.
- Assists in security configuration and hardening (STIG).